Carter turned 4 months old yesterday! I can't believe it...he has his 4 month appt on Wednesday and I'm not too excited about it. He's getting more shots and from what I hear, it gets worse as they get older. I'll post his stats after is appointment. He loves taking his binkie out by himself now...the only problem is he can't get it back in by himself so I always have to help him. It's kind of annoying but it's cute that he's learning new things and his motor skills are improving. The other day I found a ticklish spot on him. It's on his sides and up by his neck. He laughs really hard when you tickle him around his neck but when it's on his sides, he flexes his stomach muscles so it's a little harder for him get a good laugh out. He still can't roll over even though he did do it 3 times once on our bed, but I think it's because I was on there making him lean a little bit.
For our Independence Day celebration we went to a parade, had a bbq, and went and saw fireworks. The parade was pretty fun. The best part was probably these little boys dancing on a truck with cut off jeans. They just looked so funny...they weren't that good and the best kid was the huge boy probably about 10. It was funny. The second best part was definitely the cold chocolate milk we got from the cream o weber people. It was AWESOME!! Our bbq turned out great! We had hamburgers and soda and excellent sides. But, because it was freezing outside, we ate our food in our living room. Which wasn't too bad, but having a warm day would have been so much better. We left for Idaho Falls around 6:30 to join Megan and Joseph who had been there since 4 saving us a spot! They're awesome. While we waited for it to get dark we played some card games and had a great time. Carter pretty much slept through all the fireworks and we were pretty far away from them so I don't think he would have been able to see them anyway. But we saw them and had a blast. Getting home was a wreck though...it took us 45 minutes to go like 5 miles...there were cars everywhere. It usually takes us about a half hour to get home from Idaho Falls but this time it took us almost 2 hours. Luckily Carter slept the whole time.
Today we don't have school so we (mostly meaning mark) spent the morning washing the car inside and out. It looks beautiful! Me and Carter joined Mark outside to help for a little while but then Carter got hungry and it was nap time so we went back inside.
Oh my goodness! Look at those chunkie legs! So cute.
ReplyDelete