Monday, October 4, 2010

A Much Needed Update.

Here are some random pictures from the past few weeks.

Mark got a new ipod and he wanted to make sure it didn't get any scratches on it so he ordered this plastic sticker thing for like $20 and probably spent an hour putting it on there, making sure it was absolutely perfect. It was pretty funny to watch him. He washed his hands like 17 times before he started and then he had me do some stuff to make sure no dirt got on the sticker stuff. haha
This is Carter and Mark being men and eating their steak. Carter loves it!
Weekend in Utah!

This weekend we went down to Utah and met Marks sister and her family down in Salt Lake.
This is Mark and Carter at Thanksgiving Point after we had just gotten done with the super long, hard corn maze that we didn't really even finish. We ended up breaking the rules and cutting through the corn pushing a huge stroller through. All of us were dying of heat exhaustion and dehydration...it was horrible.
Mark also had a mission reunion this weekend.
Here is a picture of Carter with a couple that served with Mark. I believe their names are the Violins...They're from Brazil and they absolutely LOVED Carter. Sister Violin kept telling me how beautiful Carter was and how lucky I was to have a husband as great as Mark...at least I think that's what she was saying. She didn't speak that great of English but it was still fun to talk to her and her husband.
Apparently, the Mozambique missionaries had a tradition of singing the chaquitta banana song at every zone conference (or something like that) so at the reunion they all ate bananas and sang the song. It was pretty hilarious hearing so many guys laughing and singing a song about bananas.
Saturday afternoon we spent all day with Jen, Shane and their kids. In this picture we're waiting for Shane and Katja to get back from the Saturday afternoon session of conference. I'm pretty sure that right after I took this picture Zack started running around with his shirt off...on temple square. It was pretty funny:)
Carter and Mark enjoying the entertainment that Jen's kids provide...
Zack playing peek-a-boo with Carter at the hotel.
I have this feeling they're going to be great friends someday...

Carter reaching for Katja's necklace...he loves anything he can get his hands on!
Aunt Jen is GREAT with kids...as she should be since she's got 5 of her own. Carter thought she was pretty funny.

7 MONTHS!!!

Today Carter turned 7 months old! I cannot believe it! He's getting SO big. I weighed him on our scale and he's 18.2 pounds and about 28 inches long!

At 7 months Carter loves:
  • playing on his tummy
  • getting up on his hands and knees
  • grunting
  • growling like a monster
  • his daddy and mommy
  • army crawling around the floor
  • sleeping on his side
  • putting his binkie in and taking it out
  • walking around the kitchen in his walker
  • giving slobbery kisses
  • being held upside down
  • sitting up
  • smiling for strangers
  • eating anything and everything-seriously.
Me and Mark will be eating and he'll look up at us with his mouth open ready for us to put whatever we're eating in his mouth. He LOVES food...and any other little thing he can get his hands on!


Here's a picture my sister took today while I was in class. I thought it was cute so I thought I'd share it with all of you :)

2 comments:

  1. oh MY GOODNESSS!! He's soooo cute! I can't believe he's already 7 months old!!

    ReplyDelete