Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Nutmeg

On Sunday, I was making a spiced pumpkin crumb cake. I had all the ingredients scattered on the counter in our kitchen. We had some friends over. They have a little boy too, a few months younger than Carter. So Carter and Wes were playing and were in and out of the kitchen all night. Then one time they were in there for a while just playing, and I heard Carter say something over and over again. I wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying or what they were doing. Finally I realized that Carter was saying, "Mess! Mess! Mess!" So I turned to see what he was talking about.



I forgot that Carter was tall enough to reach onto the counter. And I didn't realize that he really had figured out how to unscrew things. He went through the whole bottle of nutmeg and his pans smelled like nutmeg the rest of the night.

Also, when I went to take pictures, he was very embarrassed. He started crying more each time I took a picture, so I only got 2.

1 comment: