So here's the latest update about Whit:
This morning she lost her mucus plug. While this is exciting, at the same time it's almost more frustrating. It feels like she took another huge step in the direction of labor. However, losing the mucus plug really doesn't mean anything. Basically she could go into labor today, or she could go into labor three weeks from now.
To all of you wondering what a mucus plug looks like, let me try to describe it. Let us explore two scenarios:
1. Imagine you have a really bad cold or sinus infection. Your nose is running. You blow your nose into a tissue and look at it (because honestly, who doesn't look at the tissue after they've blown their nose). The snot is really thick and off-white/yellowish with some darker patches in there (which, from my understanding, if your snot is anything but clearish/whitish, then you have an infection of some sort). Anyway, that thick, yellowish, off-whitish, brown speckled spectacle is more or less what the mucus plug looks like.
2. You have a really bad cold and a nasty cough that just feels like you really need to clear your throat because you can feel there's something in there. So you cough and you cough all day. Then finally, you get one really good cough in and you happen to cover your mouth and out pops that mucus from your throat, right onto your palm. That mucus is also somewhat similar to the mucus plug.
Now, to all of you wishing I had taken a picture so you could see what it looks like for yourself and compare it to various other sorts of mucus, I apologize. I would have taken a picture, but Whit was too fast and flushed it before I got the chance. And I'm pretty sure she would've killed me if I took a picture and posted it. Oh well, next time I suppose...
Mark, I don't think the world needed that post. But just for the record, green snot usually does mean infection.
ReplyDelete