Monday, March 1, 2010

Hooray for Dr.'s Appointments!

Although I'm not a huge fan of doctor's appointments because I leave so disappointed, I do like them because I feel more up to speed on what's going on in my body. Today was one of those visits. We went in and he checked me and we did find out that I am progressing! Woohoo!! He said I'm dilated to a 3+ and effaced 80% which is quite a lot. While he was checking me he asked if I wanted to be induced and at the moment I said no but now I'm thinking I should have said yes...He also stripped my membranes while he was up there, which hurt like crazy and made me a little teary eyed- but if it gets this baby here sooner then I'm all for it! The dr. also mentioned something about going to the hospital if I had a lot of contractions and they'd probably just break my water to help things along...we weren't exactly sure what he meant when he said 'a lot of contractions' and I'm really wishing we would've had him clarify for us but I guess we'll just wait for them to be 5 minutes apart for an hour. So far my contractions have been pretty painful today but they have been no where close to 5 minutes apart. Most of them have been around 15 minutes apart. Hopefully they'll start getting closer together. Especially because in the family bet I bet he'd come tomorrow around 10am and boy do I want that 12 bucks! After the appointment, I got the house all cleaned...like the toilet, sinks, shower, and floors. I also made the menu for the next month and bought all the groceries so we are completely ready for this baby to get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment