Tuesday, February 1, 2011

mom. mother. mommy.

So as I sat talking with my friend this evening, the subject of being a mom was brought up. There really is nothing like being a mom. As I've had to go to my internship and leave Carter for hours at a time, I've realized how important it is for a child to have his mom. I'm so so grateful for my life now and I wouldn't change it for the world. I love being a mom and a wife. I can't ever imagine my life without Carter. I can't imagine not ever wanting kids or delaying the blessing that having a child is. There's nothing in the world like being a mom. There's nothing that can replace that love of a child. I feel so sad for those who think they can find fulfillment in a job or in entertainment or money...they are missing out on the blessing and love of a child. Making the decision to start our family and have Carter is the 2nd best decision I've made in my life (First is to marry Mark). I love him so much. Last night on facebook, I posted a status that said "quote from mark: "how can you not want kids" as he's crawling around the floor with Carter. I love my life." It's so true. There is nothing like waking up to the sound of your little one chatting to himself in his crib or smiling at you as you walk in to get him. There's nothing like hearing your baby's first cry, or hearing his laugh or smiling at you just because he loves you. Honestly, there is no love like the love of a child. It's dang hard work, don't get me wrong, but it's SO worth it. I sure hope I will continue to feel like this as I get blessed with more little children in my home and as they grow to become adults. Being a mom is the best job you could ever have. I am so grateful that I am a women and I get the opportunity to raise children and be with them and feel their love. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father has provided guidance in my life and given me this incredible role as a mother. Being a mom is the best!


1 comment:

  1. Well said and amen! Thank you for loving my son and being such a good mommy. I have the most wonderful daughters-in-law and son-in-law in the world. And my kids are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete