Wednesday, January 26, 2011

life.

Well our lives have changed quite a bit in the last week or so...I officially started my internship and I'm there for about 4 1/2 hours a day. Mark is in school and working about 30 hours a week. I'm not a huge fan of my internship and I absolutely hate leaving Carter. It's so hard for me and I know it's hard for him. He always has to get woken up in the morning and one nap or another is always cut short because we have to load him up in the car and take to the next babysitters. Almost every time I drop him off at Amy's or Dri's, he cries for me. Then when I get back, he looks at me and starts crying again and his eyes are saying "mom, why did you leave me?" It's like the worst feeling ever. I don't think I have questioned staying in school more than I have this passed week. He just seems like a different baby, a sadder, grumpier baby and I don't like it. In fact, I don't like it so much, we've begged for the assistance of my sister Kenzie to com live with us so she can watch him. And the best part is, she's agreed to it! We couldn't be happier to have her living with us. She's such a great sister and Carter absolutely adores her. I will feel a little less of a crappy mom knowing that my baby is safe at home with my wonderful sister getting back on a schedule again and feeling comfortable in his own home. I will also feel better because I won't be shoving my child on some other mother who has her own child to take care of. Although I do have to say I have FABULOUS friends. They are so willing to help me and my family and they are so supportive of our decisions. We truly are SO blessed. Anyway, sorry for the boring post, it's just been on my mind lately and I thought I'd write all my feelings down.

p.s. Here are some recent pictures we got taken:

1 comment:

  1. yay for little sisters who help with babies! maddy helps me with hallie too, and it is THE best! i so feel for you. i hate leaving hallie, and can't imagine doing it everyday for 4 hours! good luck. :) let's just hope it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete