Today Carter accomplished two pretty big things. One, he climbed out of his crib all by himself and two, he opened his bedroom door!
I put him in his crib for a timeout and then went to the bathroom, as I was walking out of the bathroom, he ran right by me saying "hi, mommy!" He was so proud of what he had accomplished. I was a little worried. We stuck him back in his crib to see if he'd do it again. He got close but then started crying in terror so we helped him down.
Because we were worried about him falling out of his bed, we took the one side off and turned it into a toddler bed. We put him down for the night and walked back into the living room. A few minutes later I was taking stuff back to the laundry room and I look to see the door open Carter comes walking out of his room, again, so proud. So what did we do? Put the side of the crib back on and hope he doesn't fall out in the morning (if he gets brave enough to climb out.)
How do people ever get their toddler from a crib to a bed?!
Please share if you figure it out! Good luck
ReplyDeleteThey make crib tents.
ReplyDeleteYou spend a few nights just going back and forth. Everytime he gets up you take him back and put him back to bed. You just have to keep saying, "no it's sleepy time, you have to stay in your bed." It will be the longest few nights of your life. That's the best I can tell you.
ReplyDelete