Thursday, March 29, 2012

36 weeks and miserable

Ok, I apologize in advance for this post. It will be a very whiny one so if you don't read it, I understand.


This is what miserable sounds like:

Heartburn, without fail, every time I lay down.

Tired.

Nauseous.

No sleep.

Feeling the urge to pee with every move.

Swollen hands and feet.

Feeling like she's about to fall out.

Sciatica striking all the time.

Aching from the waist down.

No energy...to punish or to play...poor Carter.


Now for the annoying part.

It drives me CRAZY when people say stuff like:

"remember, you wanted this"

"it'll all be worth it in the end"

"it doesn't get much better once they're out"

Most of the time I want to punch them in the face for it and for one reason only...I KNOW! I know I wanted this, and I still do. I know it'll all be worth it in the end, but right now everything is so painful and inconvenient, it's hard. I know it's hard to have a newborn but it is better when they're out because you actually have them...the prize at the end of the long, hard nine months...of course it's better!

So, if a pregnant lady is complaining or whining to you, just remember: They don't want to hear the obvious, they want to hear sympathy.


On a cooler note, Carter has turned into THE most polite kid ever. With everything we do, he always says "thanks". We love it. It's so nice to hear. He's also really great at saying please.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your belly sure has grown! I can't wait to come out and play with that little man and beautiful little girl. Sorry you're not feeling great. Hang in there. Wish I lived close enough to come over to help now when you can really use an extra hand. :)

    ReplyDelete