I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I last posted! I don't know where time has gone.
Today Carter turned 3 months old! I can't even believe it.
He is so big now-weighing around 13 pounds, according to my mom's scale. He has grown out of most of his 0-3 month clothes and even some of his 3-6 month onesies and pajamas. He's kind of a chunk. He is still a really good baby but since he isn't sleeping all the time, he does seem a little more fussy, but nothing we can't handle :) He sleeps from 8 to 4 about every night and then again from 6 until sometimes 10. He is the smiliest baby ever!!! He love to smile and we can usually get him to smile and laugh anytime we want. He absolutely loves chewing on fingers and is starting to enjoy toys even though he still can't hold them. When I was over and Tim and Amy's he was in their bouncer thing and they have toys that hang over it and he was hitting them back and forth and just laughing and talking to himself. I was quite impressed and now I'm thinking we need to get some kind of toy that can hang over him. I've also started putting him in the walker. He's still not strong enough to hold himself up so I put a blanket around him but he loves being up and seeing the world around him. My mom found a johnny jumper thing at a garage sale and I've put him in that a few times...I have to put a blanket around him in that too but he's really starting to like it. We got him a bebe pod from amazon.com so he could sit up and watch us and at first he hated it. Maybe because Mark first put him in it when he was asleep...I don't know...but I do think it's growing on him.
For Memorial Day weekend we went down to my parents house and spent a few days with the fam. We had lots of fun playing outside in the nice weather, eating good food, and catching up with everyone. Carter was a pretty good baby...everyone got to see him smile and laugh, so that was good. I do have a pretty good story to tell about the weekend. Monday (Memorial Day) Alli made us all french toast and when everyone was done eating I went to put the milk in the fridge, but there wasn't a spot for it so I tried to make some room by taking out the jam. Well the jam slipped out of my hand and fell onto the floor and spilled every where. So being the responsible person I am, I grabbed the washcloth and started cleaning it up. As I cleaned the floor, I kept the water running. When I went back to rinse out the washcloth, I realized that the sink was filling up with water. I couldn't get to the bottom of the sink to see what was clogging it because of all the dishes. So I asked my younger siblings to come unload the full dishwasher so I could start loading the dirty dishes and then unclog the sink. Well when Chloe was trying to put the dishes away, Parker accidentally knocked a glass off the counter and it shattered all over the floor. Because of the glass, Parker and Chloe couldn't move and finish unloading the clean dishes. So I asked Alli to finish for them so I could load the dirty dishes. As Mark cleaned up the glass, I realized that the water still wasn't draining so I got a cup and tried emptying the water from one side of the sink to the other. I could not believe how much water was in there! I finally got the dishes loaded and found that somehow an old sippy cup had made it's way down the drain. I have NO idea how it got there but it was in there good. I tried for like 5 minutes to pull it out but it would not budge. Mark ended up using needle-nosed pliers to pull it out and all the water drained down and I was able to finally finish cleaning up the jam and it only took about a half hour to put the milk back in the fridge. Not bad huh?
Anyway, the weekend was a blast and we weren't very excited to get back to Rexburg and start school again. But we went to our classes and finished the week. It's now midterms so we're halfway done and we can't wait for our summer to start! Mark is still loving his job and we're both enjoying school even though sometimes it is hard juggling all our roles.
Today Carter turned 3 months old! I can't even believe it.
For Memorial Day weekend we went down to my parents house and spent a few days with the fam. We had lots of fun playing outside in the nice weather, eating good food, and catching up with everyone. Carter was a pretty good baby...everyone got to see him smile and laugh, so that was good. I do have a pretty good story to tell about the weekend. Monday (Memorial Day) Alli made us all french toast and when everyone was done eating I went to put the milk in the fridge, but there wasn't a spot for it so I tried to make some room by taking out the jam. Well the jam slipped out of my hand and fell onto the floor and spilled every where. So being the responsible person I am, I grabbed the washcloth and started cleaning it up. As I cleaned the floor, I kept the water running. When I went back to rinse out the washcloth, I realized that the sink was filling up with water. I couldn't get to the bottom of the sink to see what was clogging it because of all the dishes. So I asked my younger siblings to come unload the full dishwasher so I could start loading the dirty dishes and then unclog the sink. Well when Chloe was trying to put the dishes away, Parker accidentally knocked a glass off the counter and it shattered all over the floor. Because of the glass, Parker and Chloe couldn't move and finish unloading the clean dishes. So I asked Alli to finish for them so I could load the dirty dishes. As Mark cleaned up the glass, I realized that the water still wasn't draining so I got a cup and tried emptying the water from one side of the sink to the other. I could not believe how much water was in there! I finally got the dishes loaded and found that somehow an old sippy cup had made it's way down the drain. I have NO idea how it got there but it was in there good. I tried for like 5 minutes to pull it out but it would not budge. Mark ended up using needle-nosed pliers to pull it out and all the water drained down and I was able to finally finish cleaning up the jam and it only took about a half hour to put the milk back in the fridge. Not bad huh?
Anyway, the weekend was a blast and we weren't very excited to get back to Rexburg and start school again. But we went to our classes and finished the week. It's now midterms so we're halfway done and we can't wait for our summer to start! Mark is still loving his job and we're both enjoying school even though sometimes it is hard juggling all our roles.
No comments:
Post a Comment