Sunday, May 16, 2010
Sunshine and Summertime!
Oh my goodness! I am so proud of myself for posting twice in one week! These past few days have been so beautiful outside! Friday me and Carter went with Amy and Juliet on a walk all the way up to the temple. Amy texted me to see if we wanted to walk on campus with her and Juliet to drop Tim off at his class...we of course said yes because it was just so dang warm outside. So we got the stroller out of the closet and started off. We basically walked from once corner of campus to the complete opposite and it only took us a half hour! We couldn't believe it. We thought for sure that it would take so long that we would just pick Mark and Tim up on our way back down. But it really went so fast! While we were up by the temple I got a phone call from the first counselor in the stake relief society reminding me that I was supposed to be meeting with her at that moment. After I hung up I realized that she had called me two times before that last phone call and left 2 messages where she sounded incredibly annoyed at me. I felt horrible. Especially since this was the 3rd time she had tried meeting with me about my new calling. So instead on enjoying the walk back down, we practically jogged back down the hill so that I could meet with poor sister Luke who is trying so hard to magnify her calling. When we got home she was standing next to her car and I know the meeting would be a little on the uncomfortable side...we got in and she was all business. No small talk, no getting to know you questions...just business. I felt really bad. But it all worked out, she got to magnify her calling and I got any questions I had answered! Saturday was also a beautiful day! We walked with Tim and Amy to Porters and got some fun stuff. That evening we had an awesome grilling party with Tim and Amy and Justin and Dawna. It was so much fun! I think Carter really liked it too! Mark taught him how to throw a football (the huge pro sized one) and grill! Carter is definitely all boy! Today was Stake Conference and it was so good! We got to hear from an apostle and the prophet. Tonight we're having Tim and Amy and Justin and Dawna over for some homemade cheesecake and ice cream! It should be a very fun evening:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment