Wow...life has been flying before our eyes. The last time we posted Carter was only 2 weeks old...now he's a whopping 10 weeks old! He has grown so much I can't even believe it. He weighs 12 pounds now and is 23 inches long. I've been having a really hard time carrying him in his car seat and Mark is always asking me what I'm going to do when he weighs 20 pounds and I'm still carrying him around and to be honest I have no idea what will happen...I'll most likely just not go anywhere without Mark.
Carter is now smiling all the time, well most of the time. He laughs after he sneezes and he laughs when we change his diaper. I'm pretty sure he just likes to be naked (he's such a boy!) I think mine and Mark's favorite thing to do is just sit and watch him smile and make him laugh. Being a mom is so great! He's getting to be a pretty good sleeper. He'll sleep for about 8 hours (from 8 to 4) and then from 4ish to 7. The only problem is I don't get to bed til 11 or so...I'm working on getting to bed a little earlier. One of his favorite things to do is sit up and look at what is going on around him. He hates laying down unless he's really tired, then he snuggles up really close and shoves his face into my armpit. I love it!
His hair is getting so long. Yesterday I put some of Marks hair stuff in Carters hair and spiked it straight up so I could see how long it is. Any guesses on how long it is? Two inches! That's right...2!! I couldn't believe it. I kind of want to cut it because it's just so long I don't know what to do with it, but he's still just so little and wiggly that I think I'll hold off for a while longer.
Carter was blessed on April 11, 2010! My family and Grandma Groves came and Marks mom and step dad and dad and step mom and sister (jen from Las Vegas) and all her kids and then marks brother Adam and Jen and Lydia were also here. It was so nice to have so many family members here. Marks mom stayed here for about 2 weeks to help us get situated when school started. It was so nice to have her here. She was such a big help! Mark had just started his new job so it was so nice to have some company while he was gone 8 hours a day. Mark got a job at a place here in Rexburg called Corda. I think it's some kind of computer software company but I'm not sure...all I know is that the money he's making is paying the bills and I'm happy :)
We also moved since the last time we posted. We're now across the street from where we were in a wonderful 2 bedroom apartment with a washer and dryer, a kitchen with counter space, and a bathroom with a bathtub. I'm in heaven! I love it so much. We also started school on April 21st I think. I'm taking 15 credits and Mark is taking 12. He'll graduate in April of next year and I'll graduate in July of next year. We're getting pretty excited.
It has been kind of difficult being a mom, house wife, and student but it's do-able. I've been slacking a little on the house wife job...the dishes, laundry, and other household chores have been neglected but I'm doing my best. Being a student has been OK. I don't like being away from Carter but I'm not away from him for longer than 2 hours a day so it's not too bad. My mom job is the bomb! It's the favorite job I have. I'm balancing being a mom and student by not doing any of my homework until Carter goes to sleep around 8. So far I'm doing a pretty good job.
Well that's all for now. Sorry for the super long post...I just had lots to catch up on!
It has been kind of difficult being a mom, house wife, and student but it's do-able. I've been slacking a little on the house wife job...the dishes, laundry, and other household chores have been neglected but I'm doing my best. Being a student has been OK. I don't like being away from Carter but I'm not away from him for longer than 2 hours a day so it's not too bad. My mom job is the bomb! It's the favorite job I have. I'm balancing being a mom and student by not doing any of my homework until Carter goes to sleep around 8. So far I'm doing a pretty good job.
Well that's all for now. Sorry for the super long post...I just had lots to catch up on!
No comments:
Post a Comment