Sunday, October 21, 2012

Six Months


Lucy turned a whopping 6 months old on Thursday and I just can't believe it! She just keeps growing and developing and it kinda makes me sad. With Carter I was so excited with every new thing he would do but with Lucy I know that every new thing she does it just means she's growing up and becoming less of a baby. It really makes me sad. 

She's eating baby oatmeal and baby food now and she LOVES it! You can't get it in her mouth fast enough. Mark fed her tonight and he was getting so frustrated because she was trying to eat it off her hands and his hands, and then she would get really upset when he took a long time to get her more food. Watching from the sidelines was very entertaining.  

Lucy had her 6 month well baby check up on Thursday and she's doing great! She weighs 15.8 pounds (39%), she's 26 1/4" long (67%) and her head is 42 1/2 cm (61%). So she's just a petite little thing but to us that means perfect. She had to get 3 vaccine shots and 1 flu shot at the doctor and she was a rock star. She cried a little but not nearly as much as Carter who only got one flu shot. I tell ya, they sure get wimpier as they get older! But Carter did get a sucker and Phineas and Ferb sticker afterward so the whole world wasn't ending after all. 

Lucy can sit up all by herself now and she does not like being on her stomach or back anymore! She has very long hair, although there isn't a whole lot of it. Enough that I can put it in tiny pigtails though:) She now knows what it's like to be up and she doesn't want it any other way. She's really into toys and anything shiny or noisy. She reaches for everything and it goes straight to her mouth. She doesn't have any teeth yet (which I'm ok with) but she is drooling a lot and constantly chewing/biting on everything so I'm thinking she'll be getting some soon...and by soon I mean within the next year because we all know teething is the longest most painful process all babies go through, so wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment